MusicianWages.com’s co-founder Cameron Mizell will join musicians and representatives from Google Play and Limelight for an informal, free hang at the Openhouse Gallery (201 Mulberry Street – at Spring) starting at 2pm, October 18th, 2012.
CMJ and Google badges are automatically RSVP’d, all others please RSVP at this link.
Google’s rockin’ the Lower East Side this Thursday during CMJ Music Marathon. Find out how to sell original music with Google Play, monetize videos with YouTube, secure licenses for cover songs with Limelight, connect with fans on Google+ and optimize artist websites for Google Search.
CD Baby artists are invited to join us for a special happy hour meet-up at 4pm!
When: Thursday October 18th, 2pm – 2am
Where: Openhouse Gallery at 201 Mulberry Street (at Spring Street)
Who: Open to CMJ badgeholders and guests who RSVP (walk-ups will be taken as capacity allows)
- CD Baby artist meet-up and drinks at 4pm
- Free artist headshots by professional photographer (3pm – 7pm)
- Happy hour kegs from 7pm onward
- WhyHunger PSA tapings with musicians
- Product demos, swag and more
Special performance opportunity for musicians:
Join Google Play for a first-of-its-kind on-air open mic, broadcast live to the world via the +Google Play page. Musicians are invited to perform one original song (read: no cover song), acoustic or with minimal backline (and no profanity, please, in case the kids are watching). We’ll record the audio and provide it to performers so that they can distribute it through the Google Play artist hub.
- 6pm: Sign-ups start for walk-up participants (performers will chosen at random to perform alongside invited guests)
- 7pm – 9pm: On-air open mic
Google Play concert showcase:
- 10pm: Monsters Calling Home (unsigned; Google Play artist hub user)
- 11pm: Little Green Cars (Glassnote Records)
- 12am: Duologue (Killing Moon Records)